Temporary Custody By Extended Family Members

The people that you love and care for are your family. In current times, all families look different. Children are being raised by grandparents, adult siblings, aunts and uncles, and step parents.

Our legal team assists such guardians who wish to care for their younger family members. We are in Merritt Island, but we serve all of central Florida. We are proud to assist loving adults in their desire to gain child custody.

We want children with their families, not with DCF

When physical, mental, or emotional troubles prevent parents from properly raising children our clients come to us so that they can protect the interests of the children. Addiction and mental illness are often the culprits, but proper guardianship can be a saving grace and realign a child’s trajectory. Our team wants to help.

Even if you are already providing care for a child that does not mean that you are able to makes decisions for that child, legally. Extended family members must gain legal authority to make important choices such as:

  • Consent to medical treatment
  • Enroll children in school
  • Apply for financial and health benefits

We petition the court on behalf of our clients so that they may gain temporary custody. In situations of temporary custody parents retain their rights, and will be able to take care of them again once they are able. In emergency cases we can help extended family members gain custody of children.

We also can act on behalf of parents who want to protect their right to raise their children. We are on the side of our clients and their interests are our interests.

An attorney can help protect your family.

To get in touch with our team, call 321-453-5007 or toll free at 877-409-1022. You may also complete an online contact form.